PAINTING MARINE LIFE – JELLY FISH
Vancouver Maritime Museum and Tri-Art Acrylics Presents a Pro-D Day Workshop for Teachers
Location: Vancouver Maritime Museum, 1905 Ogden Ave
Date: Friday, October 19, 2012
Time: 10:00am – 2:30pm (with ½-hour lunch break)
Subject: Painting Marine Life – Jelly Fish
Class size: 25 Max
Fee: $72.80 includes HST
Note: All materials are provided. Professional quality liquid Acrylic paint sponsored by Tri-Art Mfg (www.tri-art.ca).
This is your chance to be innovative and creative with acrylics and mixed media techniques to create a semi-abstract painting. This fascinating workshop will introduce you to layering techniques with liquid acrylic. Student will have the opportunity to try a variety of ways of applying these liquid acrylics and gels in an experimental way, to create visual depth, illusion of movement and much more.
• No painting experience required.
• This workshop is intended for all skill levels.
• Please bring a lunch.
Participants will learn:
• How to design and compose a semi-abstract painting.
• How to work with transparency and opacity to create visual depth
• How to take advantage of Acrylic medium to create the “wow” effect
• Materials and techniques in Acrylic painting such as grounds, pigments, Medium, palette organization, and color mixing.
• About Tri-Art new acrylic materials and their application
Please contact Jamie Purves
Tel: 604 257-8304